Zeebrugge has a quiet and beautiful beach just south of the seaport. In summer, the beach is a very dynamic place, with lots of young people. The beach reaches out to Oostende and is about twenty kilometres in length and approximately 70 metres wide. On hot summer days it is a great place for recreation with a nice atmosphere and lots of surfers. The beach consists of light sand and is long and wide.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Zeebrugge will offer you peace and quietness. The beaches will be cleaned everyday during the summer. Besides the rescue brigade will guard the beaches and warns when there is a dangerous current or wind; a pleasant and safe feeling.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Zeebrugge will offer you peace and quietness. Optimum facilities will tribute to the comfort and with that the holiday pleasure of the guests. It starts with accessible beach crossings and the lifeguards and the rescue brigade whom watch over the well being of the guests, with a First aid post nearby. Furthermore the local cafes, terraces and restaurants near the beach will take care of the needs for serving drinks, icecream, lunch and diner.
On the beaches you will find flags and signs with instructions for swimming. It is wise to take account of these signals. They are there for you!
Floating Bodies prohibited
Dogs at the beach
The beaches of Zeebrugge be an attractive environment for recreation, for both humans and dogs. And what could be better than a walk on the beach with your dog. In the summer season are dogs, either loose or on a leash, not on all the beaches of the Belgian coast welcome.
Throughout the day all dogs are on the beaches of Zeebrugge prohibited at the areas:
- Northeast bounded by the pier
- And the southwest terminus of the seawall
- During the period 15 March / 15 October.
In the other areas and periods only leashed dogs allowed.
Please read the information boards carefully, which are at each beach (entrance).
Voici un aperçu des plages de Zeebrugge
- At low tide there is a strong current towards the sea, than stay close to shore. In case you get pulled in by the current do not try to swim straight against it, but swim slanting to the shore with the current. Also be aware of floating devices like air-beds, boats or other swimming devices.
- Do not get to close to the poles, piers or other obstacles.
- Watch your children carefully, do not let them alone near the water. Are there recognition signs on the beach, tell it to your children.
- Help to keep the beaches clean.